We offer two types of service –
1. Comprehensive – where we undertake all of the work* leading to obtaining a grant, collecting the assets and distributing the net estate to the beneficiaries.
2. DIY – where we assist you in obtaining a grant only (with or without the preparation of an Inheritance Tax Return)
1. Comprehensive* - We usually charge based on a percentage of the net value of the estate although this does depend on complexity and the actual value of the estate. Our current rate is 1%-2%. Our costs are usually between £2,000 – £3,000 plus VAT.
The exact cost will depend on the individual circumstances of the matter including complexity. For example, there may be multiple properties to sell/transfer, there may be complex methods of holding assets that require greater than normal amounts of work to call in or the nature of the estate may require complex tax calculations. Factors that may have a bearing on fees will not always be known before initial instructions or even until the extent and nature of the assets are known.
We will handle the full process for you. This indication of fees is for estates where:
Disbursements** not included in this fee:
Our fees do not include any due Inheritance Tax
Potential additional costs
How long will this take?
On average, estates that fall within this range are dealt with within 6-12 months. Typically, obtaining the grant of probate takes 10-12 weeks although this depends on whether the estate is taxable .
2. DIY* - We can help you start this difficult process by obtaining the Grant of Representation (Probate or Letters of Administration) on your behalf. We will not, however undertake the collecting and distributing of assets.
How much does this service cost?
TOTAL fixed fee of £699.00(excluding VAT and disbursements**) (where the estate is non-taxable and has a net value of under £325,000), or:
TOTAL fixed fee of £999.00 (excluding VAT and disbursements**) (as per our £699.00 service plus the preparation of the Inheritance Tax return – where relevant)
On average, estates that fall within this range are dealt with within 6-12 weeks (where the estate is non-taxable).
*As part of our fees we will:
What is not included (neither exclusive nor exhaustive) :
**Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
– Mr & Mrs J J – New Eltham
“Very satisfied – keep up the service”
– Mr A S – Eltham
“All elements of our property purchase were problem free”
– Mr & Mrs T B – Bexleyheath
“Totally satisfied – I was happy with all aspects of how the matter was dealt with”
– Mrs A F – Bexley
"……was a pleasure to deal with and was extremely helpful and friendly"
– Mr C D – Bromley
“…….was excellent at her job. Very professional and kept us informed during the whole process”